PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: HPX500 Shipment Stopped

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Sturns
Re: HPX500 Shipment Stopped
on May 10, 2008 at 7:58:18 pm

I have not ordered an HPX yet. I am lining up 2 films for the summer. A doc and a feature. I am at client(s) discretion (ie their checkbooks). Honestly I do not want to, but may go with an SD lens for the HPX now and after a couple of jobs save up for an HD lens. I know most of you will go bezerko on the mention of this, but I have heard from many people they do not notice a big difference between nice SD glass and lower end HD glass there are many threads on this at DVX user and elsewhere. This could be fact or fiction as unfortunately most of these sites have hired company robots disguised as humans answering these threads (drat). I am sure there is a difference but the question is if it is a big enough difference for the clients to notice and if it will look better than an EX1. I will test before buying but again, it definitely does not look like we will have a budget for an HD lens. Obviously these films are very important to us so we do not want to put an SD lens on the HPX if it will look terrible and cause problems in post, which is why we are also looking at the EX1 or EX3. Any suggestions? Seems like this is the first time in 20 odd years there is not really a camera for our price range. We are going back and forth between the EX1 (with 35mm lens adapter) and the HPX500. I am a seasoned doc filmmaker and really like the big form factor of the HPX (with the EX1 we will need to make additional investments in stabilizers, camera holders, etc, to make the EX1 mobile + 35mm adapter, etc.). We are in pre-prod on a feature film that will be partial green screen and partial mockumentary (shot doc style). Obviously we are very low-budget, but very successful at what we do. I'll be honest there seems to be no cameras out there right now that fit the bill. I think the HPX best fits our bill, but an HD lens puts us out of budget.....darn....I have tried posting before but have yet to any answers to my questions. It has been very hard to get unbiased opinions/answers as of late..After specking out an HPX + HD Lens we get into RED land that we would easily be able to make more money (as well as more of the type of productions we like to do) aaaaarrrrggggghhh. Techmyology...

ANY suggestions/stories/experiences/conversations/observations greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Matt

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]