PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: What is the best editing system for Panasonic P2 footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Timothy Eng
Re: What is the best editing system for Panasonic P2 footage
on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:27:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for their input. Well after spending two weeks trying to render a simple 2 camera shoot I have had enough of Premiere. I finally found a fix for the problem, but unfortunately these problems always seem to occur every now and then.

I'm sure most would agree that as soon as you start having these issues it really hammers your creative process and will evenetually make the edit process tedious and draining.

I guess I've had too many crashes, software bugs and "workarounds" to stay with Premiere. I can hear everyone out these yelling "Welcome to video editing buddy", but I really think I am needing a new start. So after speaking to several pro video sellers here in Oz, I have decided to go the final cut solution. The thing that has really sold me on Final Cut was a friend inviting me to his edit suite and having a play on his 18 month old system. FC worked the whole day without a single glitch. An experience which has maybe happened once or twice in the past few years with Premiere!

The good news is, after ringing Adobe I found out I can upgrade my CS3 production suite across to the Mac platform for only $25 (to cover postage and DVD printing costs). While I was frustrated with Premiere and even Encore every now and again, I have never had any issue with Photoshop or After Effects. Being able to keep them in my workflow is critical so I am now really looking forward to the new system.

Although I have to agree that you can't beat Adobe for integration, the Apple apps seem to have a surprising amount of integration as well. And seeing that the dynamic link was always a RAM hungry, system crashing beast, I can live with importing to and from the Apple apps and Photoshop and After Effects.

Even after seeing the Adrenaline systems from Avid I still have to say that I am very happy with FC Studio. It's a bit of a shame that almost nobody around here deals in Media 100 as I would have really liked to look at their solutions, but "Such is Life".

Once again thank you everyone for all your input.

Timothy Eng
Progressive Video

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]