PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

What is the best editing system for Panasonic P2 footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Timothy Eng
What is the best editing system for Panasonic P2 footage
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:51:31 am

Hi guys,

I have been looking into purchasing a new editing system as my current one is fast approaching its used by date. Up until now I have been looking into building a new system running the Adobe CS3 suite. However, I have all sorts of sales rep pushing alternative solutions such as Final Cut Pro, Avid and even Media 100 machines. This got me thinking, seeing as I am about to make the biggest single investment in my video business so far, should I look at other options?

So at the risk of creating a system vs system stand off between everyone on the forum I must ask which system is the best for editing P2 footage (Which is what I am currently using).

In particular I would like to hear from people who have used more than one system for editing.

I guess I should also point out that I am still very keen to use After Effects within my projects and would like to know how well the workflow between these systems can be. I have no doubt that Premiere and After Effects can't be beat for integration, but I read that Media 100 projects can be opened up directly in After Effects which is of a lot of interest to me.

Kind regards to all,

Timothy Eng

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]