PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: P2 HPX 3000 hot cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Romanis
Re: P2 HPX 3000 hot cards
on Mar 19, 2008 at 1:03:06 am

Hi Nate,
The card has checked out fine, in fact it has had another dozen cycles since then. I can't comment about the rest of the cards as only that particular card was written to at the time, but it has performed flawlessly since. I used an application to check it's validity at the time and it reported no faults.
Has anyone else used the cards in such hot condition, the 40 or so degrees was in the shade, in the sun it was significantly warmer.
I have spoken to photographers since that and they report a slow down in the transfer speed when the card is hot, but no corruption.
I also used the software in the camera to determine if there was a fault in the recording but everything was OK.
I believe that the high temperature of the card had an effect on it's ability to write off at speed. We all know that high temperatures effect CPU's and drive speeds in our computers, I'm not surprised the same thing can happen to solid state.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]