PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Considering a HVX200 purchase

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Justin Hawley
Re: Considering a HVX200 purchase
on Mar 17, 2008 at 4:31:43 pm

That makes a heck of a lot of sense. Thank you. For my multicam shoots that may be a better option seeing as how I don't have extra hands available to transfer footage during the shoot.

"Sorry, I misunderstood. You actually can get 2 hours per card with the AVC-I codec @ 50mbs so this whole capacity thing is getting confusing."

First, is that 2 hours per 32GB card? So I may only need 1 card? Second, what is the disadvantage of shooting AVC-I codec at 50 MBS?? My guess is it is slightly more compressed or something, but it will still be a huge step up from my current DCR-VX2100, right?

1 final question for everyone who owns these cameras...

I do a lot of zooms that slowly creep in from a standstill and ramp up smoothly and down smoothly in speed. This is the reason I chose a Sony over Panasonic last time... The zoom on the Panasonic AG-DVX100 and Canon XL1 seemed to "step up" speeds slightly rather than slowly increment in speed. Has the zoom been improved in the HVX-200 over the DVX series??? If so, I will probably buy one today. If not, I have to weigh the pros and cons of limiting my shooting style.

INCREDIBLY great answers to my question! Thank you all!

Justin.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]