PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: is the hpx 500 really a hd camera ?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ryan early
Re: is the hpx 500 really a hd camera ?
on Feb 26, 2008 at 2:15:36 am

Thanks for your post Ron, most of my work is corporate and training dvd's for national companies and government departments, we tend to light and stage everything so not a lot of run and gun. I think xdcamex would be difficult in an ENG environment. Being an older cameraman I much prefer the form factor of the 500 because it is what I am used to but what I am really after is an indication of image quality differences between the cameras. If I can get a camera for under 10k that produces images of a higher quality than one that costs 3 times more (fully kitted out) then the ergonomics of the higher priced camera are harder to justify. Especially if the camera that costs 3 times more is closer to SD than HD in resolution which means I might as well keep shooting with 2/3inch broadcast cams in SD.

I am planning to hire both and do my own test and compare the workflows but I would like to see a resolution chart comparison between the two, has any one seen a resolution chart for the 500 ?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]