PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

workflow P2 FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rainer Wirthworkflow P2 FCP
by on Jun 10, 2005 at 2:37:02 pm

Hi Jan, Hi Dan,

on Monday I get the 800 P2 Panasonic. I will tell you about the tests. I spoke to several people both at apple and panasonic. So far with a Windows computer the PCMI slot works. So you can put the card into the slot and it shows as a hard disc. It doesn't in the Mac PCMI slot. With a mac you need the panasonic card reader (money 2000 bucks). From there you should have the cards (it holds 5) as a hard disc showing on the computer. When the cards show as a hard disc you can import them in FCP5.
The problem doesn't lie in the FCP5 it's a problem of Tiger. So I look for a different workflow. If the camera itsself show as a harddisc on a Windows computer I'll get a notebook windows, copy the harddisc on a firewire harddisc, which will then show on the mac. From there I should be able to import in FCP.
Thats the theory. I will test it 29th June on the roadshow of panasonic. It could be, that panasonic want to sell their card reader.

Rainer

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]