PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graeme Nattress
Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!
on Apr 5, 2005 at 7:13:48 pm

I see it purely as a workflow issues, not a cost issue of P2. It just makes total sense to me, to be shooting with a lightweight, low power, no moving parts format. And It also makes sense to store footage for the long term on some kind of magneto-optical / optical storage, and all that I can see that's missing, is the workflow between them. Digital Photographers have this workflow sorted, but I'm sure they were sceptical at first. P2 is very much ahead of it's time and it may take a few years for the workflow to catch up, but it will. In the meantime, it means a camera that is probably about $10,000 less in price than the equivalent camera with tape drive would be, and we don't need to spend another $20,000+ on a deck, assuming we're happy backing up to optical media. To me, that's over $30,000 I don't need to spend to be up and editing high qualilty (assuming the camera and optics are as good as we hope) high definition video.

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects for FCP

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]