PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Serge Rodnunsky
Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!
on Apr 5, 2005 at 12:32:43 am

I left for 10 minutes and all hell broke lose, its like we're talking about religion here.

I work on a healthy mix of peanut productions and cumcumber sandwich productions.

I don't buy any gear generally. I rent the Varicam for a week and I rent the deck for a couple days to digitize the tapes.

If there's some great long form Hard Drive docking system going to be apart of this camera, well then I guess I'll wait and see.

Cutting film out of the movie and still industry makes sense, Film beautiful but very expensive and scary stuff. Its prone to scratches and dirt and damage and weave and flicker and bad processing or handling etc. etc. etc.
I think HD tape has shown to be cheap and less dangerous. Flash Cards work for still guys because they're doing very little data acquition in comparison.
I don't do it anymore but for awhile people were using tape backups of their harddrives, is that "tape" bad too?

I don't have a "data management" staff, although I could go on and on about nimrods erasing drives and data or crashing systems that lose hundreds of hours of work. Or people BLOWING over files because they "Thought" or "they were told" the stuff was backed up already. We've all been there. Productions are always sleepless environments.

Paranoia Squared = P2

There's a lot of toys you can have on a show, cool lenses, cool cranes, cool locations, but you've got to have your basics covered first.

I'm sure in time I'll relook at the issue, but I hope these type of threads help get us better workable gear, cheaper.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]