PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Serge Rodnunsky
Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!
on Apr 4, 2005 at 8:59:13 am

I want my Panasonic 24p HD camcorder under $10k hopefully under $5k and I want it to record on TAPE.... If its on 4gig P2 cards its just a toy to me, not a functioning real world device - too bad.

Let the ishuffle, and digital camera guys drive the price of SD flashcards down and then come out with 128gig P2's for under $2k. I'd still be terrified about zapping the card to put new data on it.

All this confidence in Hard Drives as an archive format is nutty too. Has anyone had a hard drive sitting on their shelf for ten years and then tried to boot it up again. I mean what was I using ten years ago SCSI, I don't even have SCSI cards and connections anymore. I have a 3/4 inch tape from 1980 that I just put in a deck and it was fine. That tape is 25 years old. Getting over to optical makes sense but so little data on a DVD. At the end of a show I easily have a terabyte or more of material, that's what a million DVD's. Currently I have tape source, my final output is to tape, I archive the drives hoping that maybe I'll be able to access them again in the future, but not with a lot of confidence. There's so many moving parts in a drive. Tape is so smart,cheap and simple.

If I have to take all the P2's and put them on tape... well that's just dumb, you're making 10 times more work.

I wish panasonic would make a workable camcorder and not a toy... I think its a big error.... unfortunate.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]