PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Serge Rodnunsky
Re: NO p2 for me! Forget it!
on Apr 4, 2005 at 5:37:29 am

I read it its cool, but not yet there as far as long form for me.

SD Memory is about $100/gig. I'm not sure why p2 is $1700 for 4gigs.
And this is really far away from 128gigs. We're talking huge drop in price of flash memory to make 128gig cards logical.
To me that size card is the only logical competitor to tape at the moment, performance cost etc. 4 and 8gig are way too small.

Even at $100/gig that's $13k for a 128gig 90min hd card. It would have to drop into the $2k range to be competitive. Are SD memory prices going to drop from 13k to 2k in the next year or so? We'll see. I can't see buying a camera for $5k and paying $13k for a card to make it workable. When I can buy an HDV system with tape at $20/hr.
They write some sillyness on there about having a crew sit around while we download P2 cards, its like reloading film. Come on.
Film comes in 400ft 16mm or 1000ft 35mm loads 10min loads. And those of us who have been shooting HD for years now, don't expect or need to wait for load changes. You want my crew to wait around for a new P2 system, you know how much they eat.
I don't know about you but on a low end camcorder you're likely to do a lot of family/vacation stuff with it p2 doesn't work at all there. I have a book of SD cards for my digital camera and I'm always running out of space on holidays. Bye Grandma you're a little too out of focus in that shot. Bye cousins in law don't remember your names anyhow.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]