PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

NO p2 for me! Forget it!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Serge Rodnunsky
NO p2 for me! Forget it!
on Apr 4, 2005 at 2:15:24 am

I'm sorry this move to P2 doesn't make any sense to me.

I produce features and commercials I NEED TAPE! I refuse to put my expensive show on a flash card. And I don't want to reuse it 100,000 times.

I understand the move from film to HD, I've shot 12 features in HD. But this is nutty.
I'm not going to be terrified my P2 card got zapped somehow.
I've been working with Hard Drives for 20 years from my experience drives are solid for maybe 3-5 years max. I love tape it works its rock. I don't want to have to take a P2 card transfer it and then bump back to a tape for backup - that's redundant when we can shoot on a much more reliable format TAPE. Its cheaper, much safer, and much more cost effective. You can't shoot a feature on 5 min per card recording time - silly, I have scenes that can run 7 minutes - nuts! I've easily shot 3-4 hours worth of tape in a day. I'm not going to put my show on 100 p2's and then put them in the computer and then erase them for the next days shoot. INSANE! If the computer goes down, if a card goes down. Give me DVCPRO HD TAPE, HDV TAPE, HDCAM TAPE!

I like to have a box full of SOURCE tapes that may last 30 years or more.
I like being able to record 30-40 minutes of tape and then labeling that tape never ever to be used for anything else but that show.

This isn't still photography. They can do flash cards it makes sense. Long form it doesn't make any sense.

I won't do it! I won't go there! You can't make me! I'll go back to film if I have to.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]