COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
Constrain a dynamic spline to an FBX model
on Jan 14, 2020 at 5:00:12 pm
Last Edited By Syed Iqbal on Jan 15, 2020 at 8:24:27 pm

Hi Folks,

In my scene, I have a taser dart geometry object constrained to one end of a spline dynamic while the other end of the spline dynamic is constrained to a vertex of a Taser gun.

I have an FBX animation of an armed robber who enters a room and as soon as security guy fires the taser at him, the dart object propels itself and hits the armed robber. I have timed my dart hitting the suspect animation in a way that the robber falls unconsciously on the ground after being hit by the dart.

I have accomplished it till this point but now I am trying to show that the dart that hits the robber does not freeze in air at that point and therefore should remain locked onto suspect even when he falls unconscious on the ground. And besides this, the dart should also remain connected to the spline dynamic.

In this scene, the suspect is on its way getting to the ground but as you can see my dart object which is connected to spline dynamic and reached that hitting spot using another spline as path (align to spline) freezes there after hitting the suspect.

How should I lock the dart object and it's spline dynamic so that both of them follow the motion of my FBX character?

I am really tight on this deadline so your help would mean a lot to me.

Posts Index 

Current Message Thread:
  • Constrain a dynamic spline to an FBX model by Syed Iqbal on Jan 14, 2020 at 5:00:12 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]