Re: Standard render or physical: Reflections linked to specific objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: Standard render or physical: Reflections linked to specific objects
on Dec 13, 2019 at 1:59:13 am
Last Edited By Steve Bentley on Dec 13, 2019 at 2:42:41 am

Well so much for that. Using the exclusion tab does seem to work some times but as in this example not always.
This is in R19 (its a legacy project so it has to stay in this rev for now). We're using GI with the standard renderer since the other methods have too high a noise to render time ratio (and we're not liking the after market denoisers for this).
This of course is a simplified scene but all the main players are here.

There are a bunch of GI emitting planes and disks, but at the bottom of the objects list is the "odd man out" emitter. Currently it is set to only affect the small primitive grey sphere in its composting tag exclusion tab. But if you turn the oddManOut emitter off, you can see it is affecting the skin colored sphere. Is the "exclude" option the only one that works in the tag? "Include" doesn't seem to isolate that emitter to only the objects included.

I've even put all the emitters in all the other emitter's compositing tag exclusion tags thinking that they might be lighting each other up and then acting as bounce cards.
But if you turn off the emitter called "eyelight" (which has the same exclusion parameters as OddManOut) it doesn't affect the skin colored object. Inconsistent!

What I'm after here is to add some emitters and reflectors to add little kisses on a much larger and more complex model, but I want to only affect certain objects. But some of the emitters, even with composting tag exclusion sets, are affecting all the objects and not just the one I'm trying to target.

Am I not thinking about this correctly?

13950_balltest.c4d.zip

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]