Re: Irreversable hair changes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: Irreversable hair changes
on Nov 20, 2019 at 6:20:46 pm

Here we go again. R19 Win7
Its been going well and now suddenly, what I thought was a cache issue has turned out to be a viewport vs render issue. Attached are the files and images from view port render and the render engine.
The view port view is reasonable and an expected result (and it also matches a non viewport-render viewport working view). But the render version is just out to lunch. But of course the render version is the one that matters. I can't imagine how C4d gets to the render version given the single guide hair.
I've turned off all the waves and curl etc in the shader to try and simplify and target the problem. I've removed all other hair objects in case its a memory issue (but on a 128GB machine I can't imagine that).
This has happened in the past and as per the sage advice of others here I've turned off the cache in the hair object (which just makes manipulation in the viewport handleable anyway). This cache-off solution has worked everytime this has happened so far. But not this time.
I've sent this file to other machines, I've restarted, i've used chicken blood and howled at the moon. I'm stuck.
Thoughts?

13910_backstrandexport.c4d.zip

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]