Re: extracting shadow from objects that have hair

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: extracting shadow from objects that have hair
on Oct 29, 2019 at 2:25:04 am
Last Edited By Steve Bentley on Oct 29, 2019 at 2:27:58 am

Ya I'm only displaying 1 percent (and that's 1 percent of 10,000 hairs, 60 segments) so its not a crazy amount of hairs. To be fair i've got 6 hair objects going (with the same or lesser amounts) but still, on a 128gb system, if it can't handle that then that's lousy coding .
I've tried cache in the editor on and off (I wish there was a flush button like there is for other features in C4D). It just seems to go bad after a while of working with it and massaging the settings.
I can work with just guides on (only about 6 guides per hair object) but then I never know when the hair fails as the guides are always solid. If I go too far after the failure, that failure sticks and then corrupts the hair object in question forever and grays out the hair count in the attributes. I often don't catch the failure right away and continue working, but caught in time, a save, quit and restart will make the file as right as rain.
Hair is tedious enough to get right without this restart delay vexing me every 20 min or so.
Oddly, if I render the failed hair object, it renders just the guides.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]