MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Re: Irreversable hair changes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: Irreversable hair changes
on Oct 12, 2019 at 5:53:27 pm

Thanks Brian, you're right of course. I just have so many hairs in that one poly they are busting at the seams. Using a circle gradient in the density tab of the shader helped with that but that brought up a new problem. There is no spatial mapping setting for the gradient in the density tab (its grayed out - in what circumstances would it be available?). And I can't quite figure out the mapping.
If I set a plane to 9 divisions (3x3) and use the center poly to emit the hair, applying a gradient (in density) to that seems to map the gradient to the whole plane, using only a small fraction of the gradient for the center poly - that made sense. So I thought, hey if I delete the unemitting polys the gradient will map to just that one poly. Not so much.
So how does one determine what expanse the texture you are using to set where hairs aren't can stretch over? For a sphere for instance what mapping routine is used for that density "texture"?
Is there a way to apply the texture (in my case a gradient) to another object that will set the spatial nature of the map, and then point the density tab to that material on the other object like you would with a mograph shader effector (I mean I've always believed all of these cool toys are all based on the same system given the cloning nature of them).
And now that I've written that, I'm off to try a shader effector being use with the hair object. Mad Science! Frankenshader!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]