MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Irreversable hair changes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Irreversable hair changes
on Oct 10, 2019 at 9:20:49 am

I'm in tweak mode for a hair project and we've got our look down pretty well. Never one to leave well enough alone, I thought I'd tweak the thickness setting. Bam! (see before and after pics). Its like the soften filter that's on the post process has been removed. But now if I put that thickness value back to where it was (or change anything else for that matter) I can't get the silky look back - it's always a thin rope look. Restarting does help but not if I save the mangled file - its toast. I always have to go back to a safety file.
Is there a cache I don't know about that I can clear? Adding too many hairs can do this too on occasion.

Second issue. I've got 4 guides coming out of a single poly surface (pretty big poly) and I thought I'd move those guide in a little toward each other. So I unrooted them, moved them (or rather brushed them) to the new spot - contrary to the manual, moving does not work, you have to brush the roots along - and then I rerooted them. Looks great in the view port. But when I render the hairs are back at the original surface width where the guides used to be, even though the hairs being displayed in the viewport look like how I want them (yes, hairs, not just the guides). Does the hair always "fill" the poly no matter where the guides are? I'm thinking this is the case because the hairs should form a pretty nice tube but I'm now getting a cubic look. Whats the point of a preview in the view port if it can be this far off?
R19 Win7
Hmm. I'd upload the files but neither dragging them in or using the upload codes is working.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]