Re: Noob render question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Jones
Re: Noob render question
on Sep 15, 2018 at 1:51:24 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Sep 15, 2018 at 1:55:39 pm

Your world has nothing in it other than the logo and the Glass plane so it's a black logo against a black background (you can see the reflected light in the Glass pane though). Try adding a Floor object and you will see your logo.

The logo material contains two images "metal_grunge_yellow_01_diffuse.dds (metal_gold_dark) and metal_grunge_yellow_01_specular.dds (metal_gold_dark)" which you didn't provide because of this the logo is rendering black since that's what you get when a texture file is missing. If you did get the .dds files with the logo .obj file then try Save Project With Assets to include the .dds files, if you only got the logo.obj file and the logo.mtl file but no .dds files you are going to have to make your own texture for it (or remove the references to the missing images in that one). Try just adding a plain C4D material on it.

since these are the missing textures listed when I import the .obj file it's obvious it's from AE with VideoCopilot installed and since I have neither I'm not seeing them.
...metal_grunge_yellow_01_diffuse.dds (metal_gold_dark, ./-o 0.000000 0.000000 -s 1.000000 1.000000 C:/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Support Files/Plug-ins/VideoCopilot/Materials/Pro_Shaders_2_maps/Metal_maps)
metal_grunge_yellow_01_specular.dds (metal_gold_dark)...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]