MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Re: C4D Compositing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Marshall
Re: C4D Compositing
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:26:11 am

OK so you're saying here basically tag each object you plan to render with a compositing/object buffer tag.

"Try putting a compositing tag on the object (or probably group in this case) and render out an object buffer in the multi pass render. (Said tag is found in the Objects pane under Tags - Cinema 4D Tags.)"
---Render out the objects first after you've tagged them. Select Multipass in the rendering settings and put the object buffer in there for the render.

"Assign another separate compositing tag/object buffer to the perspective plane accepting the shadows. You can use that as a luminance key to separate the object in question from the rest of the stuff visible in your rendered file. For this separate render, just assign a white texture (in the color channel) with no other channels in the material. With no channels except color it should render pretty fast."
---Render out the Plane after you've tagged it. Make the color white for a luminance channel, this plane will be composited in After Effects using Multiply. Therefore casting only shadows.

"For the render, enable multiple channel rendering, and render out the two (or more) object buffers and the shadow channel. (If you render as picture sequences be sure to check the Multi Layer File box.)"
--- and i am fuzzy right about here, so i do a third render with all of them?
Also when i do a test render (full render is animation therefore very long) i still see my text behind the plane. Basically my animation is sliding 3d text from behind a plane forwards so that it seems to appear from behind a wall and slide back in.

Therefore i still see my text waiting to slide in when i render as such.

In any case i used this tutorial
http://www.maxoncomputer.com/tutorial_detail.asp?tutorialID=243
to create a shadow catcher. Now i just need to figure out how to render it without seeing the text behind the plane.

Any Help would be appreciated. Sorry for the bump btw but this is the closest one to what i need i found on google search.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • C4D Compositing by Murat Pak on Dec 20, 2008 at 11:37:30 am
    • Re: C4D Compositing by Kenneth Kirkpatrick on Dec 22, 2008 at 3:11:29 am
      • Re: C4D Compositing by Matthew Marshall on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:26:11 am

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]