Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Securing Firewire cable to FS100

COW Forums : FireStore

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron CraigRe: Securing Firewire cable to FS100
by on May 27, 2009 at 5:20:55 pm

Yes, another colleague of mine informed me that I was waay to testy with Michael's response. Must have been a bad day for me...

Thanks also for your response. We've actually used Firestore a lot -- in shoots all over the world, in fact -- and it was only on this most recent shoot that we had trouble with the Firewire connection, resulting in data loss.

I'm not a DP but the DPs I work with are extremely protective of their cameras and lenses. Frankly, they don't want to stick a bunch of gaffer's tape on their very expensive equipment (source of their livelihoods) for a variety of reasons. So I'm looking for a solution that meets both of our needs. (Yes, I know you see gaffers tape all over equipment on Hollywood sets -- because that's all RENTAL gear. But you'd better not mess with a top DP's personal $50,000 camera/lens.)

Much as I like Firestore I think far too little attention was paid to the real-world issue of connections for the data cable. Hopefully future generations of the design will rectify this.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]