MEMBER VIDEOS: Demo Reels Demo Reels Forum Services Promote Your Service or Business

Re: looking for comments

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brendan Coots
Re: looking for comments
on Jul 17, 2008 at 9:19:12 am

For what you are calling "rookie" work I would say you have a great reel going for yourself. Once you get through school, you're going to do very well.

The only comment I have is that you said you want to become a full time editor, but then go on to talking about After Effects and your reel is clearly very motion graphics heavy. Just to clarify this, a majority of studios only hire editors to cut the material, and hire separate motion graphics artists to do all the animating, titles etc. I personally will not allow my editors to touch After Effects on our projects. The reason is simply that I hire editors based on their cutting skills, animators based on their motion graphics skills, and I try to hire people who are very focused on one or the other. It is a very rare editor who can do both to a very high quality level.

That said, you have some strong motion graphics skills, and I would pursue those much more fully. If editing video is your true passion then go for it but there are a million editors out there competing, and not a lot of truly talented After Effects artists.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]