MEMBER VIDEOS: Demo Reels Demo Reels Forum Services Promote Your Service or Business

Re: Spirit is Low ...Need Expert Advice

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Loch
Re: Spirit is Low ...Need Expert Advice
on Mar 30, 2008 at 7:13:30 pm

First, I want to suggest most editors are not graphic designers. Many claim to be because they know photoshop but this is not the case. I say this to put your mind at ease as I think many do more damage to their reel than strengthen it. Knowing your strengths and focusing on them will do your more credit.

I would not worry about making it really snazzy - let the work come forward. When someone really puts a lot of work into the "graphics packaging" of a reel it sometimes feels like they are trying to compensate for the lack of good material in the reel itself. I would put more emphasis on making a tight reel that moves along with good pacing. Come up with a good slate to open and close with - something simple and easy to read. You may even want to look at design mags to get some general ideas on type layout. Then you will have a reel that sells you and your strengths. Also, remember to put your best two pieces at the beginning and at the end.

-gl

Prologue Media
http://www.prologuemedia.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]