MEMBER VIDEOS: Demo Reels Demo Reels Forum Services Promote Your Service or Business

Re: Tell Me How Terrible I Am! (constructively)

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin Brock
Re: Tell Me How Terrible I Am! (constructively)
on Mar 19, 2008 at 10:22:42 pm

Not bad.

However, if it were me, I'd steer clear of using material where you've basically plugged your own elements into a tutorial. Your beginning and ending graphics obviously came from this tutorial, right here on the Cow.

It's an especially bad idea, if you're not going to deviate from the paint-by-numbers and you end up with something that looks just like the result of the tutorial. Now if you take the "results" and tweak it and re-color and alter it (highly) - you get the point I'm sure - then you might get by with it.

In my opinion though, unless you completely modify the results, you run the risk of being called out by the intereviewer (or others on "their" side). The folks in question have likely seen the tutorials that you've mimicked. You'll be plainly showing them that you can follow step-by-step directions but you're not showing them any creativity or innovation- which would be so much more valuable than proving that you can operate the software.

Just my 2 cents on the matter. Good luck in the future!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]