MEMBER VIDEOS: Demo Reels Demo Reels Forum Services Promote Your Service or Business

Re: FEEDBACK PLEASE on my Reel and Website!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kfredericks
Re: FEEDBACK PLEASE on my Reel and Website!
on Sep 29, 2005 at 5:02:55 pm

My feedback isn't worth much. But here it is. You have absolutely beautiful shots. The visual quality becomes associated with you, which is great! My first thought was that you were showing some flagship shot and the rest of the reel wouldn't be as beautiful. But it was!
While I love the tree-rotation transition, the footage that follows, up until the down-hill field shot, isn't as beautiful as the rest of the shots. My first impression was not very good, but then the rest of the footage was so good, that I forgot about it - until I thought hard toward giving you helpful feedback. So take this comment for what its worth.
The time lapse shots are really great, though showing them more than once, draws attention to your usage of it as a visual techique. Not saying that you should remove any of them, just keep that in mind if you plan on cutting anything.
The rewind-golf shot is not interesting enough to make me forget that it is sort of an easy editing trick that doesn't win you any points.
Stars like Tony and Liz again gives you creditibility, as your Emmy touting does. Great to have em.
This is great, and it makes me feel good to criticize a reel that is far beyond anything I will ever have.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]