MEMBER VIDEOS: Demo Reels Demo Reels Forum Services Promote Your Service or Business

Re: First time posting a reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gregg Brent
Re: First time posting a reel
on Aug 9, 2005 at 3:42:35 am

Well if you want some feedback besides looks nice i'll give some. I think you have a nice talent for timing and using effects but i feel the substance was missing.. it was like hard to connect the dots or to figure out what i was looking at.

I point out some parts where I felt this..
i liked the beginning.. sports cutouts great..

I had no idea what that next shape was? i really feel the graphics have to have some logic or organic connection in these types of scenes. I first thought it was a tabbed folder!

the next sequence with the weather.. what were the monitors and equipment underneath have anything to do with anything! like the beta deck has something to do with up to the minute weather. the two don't jive.. you can't just throw in images..

why is there timecode running down the side of a talking head?

Your wakeup weather background looks like sunset.

What is the graphic with "your schedule"?

"sports team" and 'your news now' are nice.

I hope you don't mind all this feedback. I get tons of these tapes etc passed over my desk so I see alot. I think you definitely have talent for this (get out of producing!) but I would say need to work on conceptual side of work, not just the mechanics.

just my two cents.. ok maybe a half dollar..

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]