Exporting changes opaque objects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Antti Viitamaki
Exporting changes opaque objects
on Jun 3, 2019 at 10:36:49 am

Hi!

I'm trying to create a bubble animation that would swipe over the screen.

Because the final product will be compiled in Premiere and the bubbles will go over several different texts and other things, the animation needs to be transparent. That's why I'm exporting it using ProRes 4444 with Color+Alpha selected and Quality set to Best.

Everything looks okay, when I watch the animation in Motion. But when I look at the exported video, the pinkish gradient inside the bubbles has turned grey.

I created the fill gradient using one shade of pink and opacity from 100 to 0, like this:

(There are other objects in the bubble group - a white reflection and a dark reflection - but whether they are on or off, it doesn't change anything.)

This is what the Emitter animation looks like in Motion with the background layer turned off:

And here it is with the white background layer turned on:

That is exactly what I'm looking for.

But when I export the video (the white background turned off, of course), this is how it looks like in QuickTime:

And then in Premiere, on top of a white background layer:

And with a text layer:

So, it is transparent - but there's something wrong. The fill of the bubble doesn't fade straight from pink to zero opacity - instead, it goes dark grey in between. And looks awful.

I really hope that, as a beginner, I'm just missing something obvious.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]