APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looking for alternate slot machine-style scroll method.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tangier Clarke
Re: Looking for alternate slot machine-style scroll method.
on Apr 16, 2019 at 4:56:00 pm
Last Edited By Tangier Clarke on Apr 16, 2019 at 4:58:33 pm

Thanks a lot Simon. I was playing with those parameters before your post, but some things weren't making sense to me. After your instructions I got the hang of it now and I understand what my confusion with Motion here is:

The "After Last Keyframe" option is fluid. That last keyframe changes depending on what was set in Generate Keyframes. I was looking at the last keyframe as always being the one I set manually and therefore anything I would do with repetitions or generating keyframes starts from there.

I still have a little problem with this. Generating keyframes does not acknowledge the first time that was set. So if I set the animation to repeat using 3 repetitions with the generate keyframes option, then I want to adjust that number of repetitions, that doesn't work. That last keyframe is now the keyframe after the 3 repetitions already set and the option to generate keyframes starts at 1 again - meaning it will generate more repetitions from the last keyframe. It's additive rather than cumulative from where the first animation was made.

I don't think the way it's setup in Motion is intuitive, but I know it's just a matter of working with it more. Perhaps ideally I'd have the type of before/after last keyframe operation and generating keyframes in one pop up window along with what interpolation to do at the last keyframe. The latter not completely necessary being that one could just right-click the last keyframe and make the adjustment.

Thanks again though. I've learned something new that makes me more efficient and that's most important.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]