APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: No wipes in Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Pun
Re: No wipes in Motion?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:41:59 am

Good lord why does Apple think that it can reinvent the wheel as a triangle and expect to go freeway speeds?

Wipes need to be easy to apply and quickly adjustable. Which is why I use After Effects. Select clip, go to Effect>Transition> Linear wipe, or any other one, that's it. Adjust to taste

Motion. Open Photoshop, or whatever. Create matte, add blur
save. import into Motion. Pray to god that you have the right width.
and of course you can try to adjust the key to adjust the width. maybe it will work maybe not. and you want to dynamically change the width of the wipe during the transition?

Or you can buy the boris FX package for 1600 dollars. OR for 999 dollars you can buy Adobe CS4 Production Premium for Mac on ebay. today. For 1600 bucks you can upgrade your AE7 or other upgradable Adobe equivalent to the full CS 5 production suite.

Motion has too many frustration points for this old linear editor. I like things done fast and with dedicated functions that I can quickly access.

I ended up several years ago finding a nice cheap 5.0 version -a hundred bucks for PC version of Production bundle, then upgraded to 6.5 on the cheap (I love Ebay) then upgraded for a couple of hundred to AE CS4.
I'm all set and can upgrade to a full CS5 when I get or build my new PC or if I break down and buy a new Mac.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]