APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Jaggy Motion Text in FCP. Solution?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Wilson
Re: Jaggy Motion Text in FCP. Solution?
on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:25:28 am

Sounds like you're covering your bases pretty well. One small inconsistency though...

You said you checked the frame dominance of both clips and they were set to even, yet you said in the previous post that you use 1080 30p. Which is progressive which would mean that your field dominance should be set to none. And the setting you confirmed in that last post as 1080 30p isn't the setting I'm talking about, it's the compressor - not the field dominance.

Just to be sure, I'm uploading screen grabs of the setting I'm talking about. One is from SEQUENCE/SETTINGS, one is the field dominance column in the bin and the last is from CTRL-CLICKING a clip the timeline and selecting ITEM PROPERTIES / FORMAT

ITEM PROPERTIES:

SEQUENCE / SETTINGS:

CLIP SETTINGS IN BIN:

And finally... did you try a different font? Could be a bogus font - not that I want to add more things to try! Jaggy text has been a huge issue for me in the past - but more with LiveType which never seemed to be able to import with the right field dominance so I've learned to get pretty observant about all the settings.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]