APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: otating 3-D emitter

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mikey Bouchereau
Re: otating 3-D emitter
on Dec 18, 2009 at 1:02:41 pm

I've seen this way too many times. When you are not playing your clip and you are changing the rotation of the emitter, all it's doing is re-drawing where the particles should be at that point in time. It's not actually moving them. Basically once a particle is born the properties you adjust to the emitter do not effect it. So you can't do what you are trying to do at least not that way.

Now the way to effect this particles after they are born, is by placing them in a new group (3D) and applying that Y-axis rotition to the group. Making everything in that group move on the y-axis. Before you apply that animation to the group make sure that the anchor point of the group is in the center of your sphear. Otherwise you will get a orbiting sphear not a spinning sphear.

Hopefully that makes sense. Even though I know this I always waste a few min bashing my head against my desk because I can see what I want but it won't animate it. Then I remember you need to put the element in a group and apply the movement to the group.

Please forgive any typos or run on sentences this was posted from my iPhone and creativecow.mobi

Mikey B!

Follow Me On Twitter!

Check Out My Sky Replace Tutorial

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Rotating 3-D emitter by Patrick McMurtry on Dec 15, 2009 at 4:37:11 pm
    • Re: otating 3-D emitter by Mikey Bouchereau on Dec 18, 2009 at 1:02:41 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]