Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Mitchell
Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks
on Jul 13, 2009 at 8:05:09 am

Thanks again Stephen.

I like Compressor :) I just don't like the fact that my Motion projects kept crashing it! (Quartz plug in I think)

And I'm not unhappy with the solution (I'm actually glad for any solution) - so thankyou.

Probably at the heart of all these problems is Quicktime - which I guess is being used as the interpreter for the Motion project within Compressor.

Perhaops if someone went through my workflow and told me why I was crashing and a way around it it might help...

My workflow was to drag the 35 motion projects into Compressor. I then highlighted all the individual source files and went to add a destination - this crashed Compressor after about 2 - 3 minutes. So I tried adding a custom preset to every file - XDCAM, native to the original Motion file for frame rate and raster. That crashed Compressor. So eventually I had to add a destination and preset individually to each source file. This took a while because everytime I highlighted a source file or dragged anything to it there was a noticeable delay. I saved each time and eventually got there with only one more crash.

Is there a better way and can anyone explain why it kept crashing with multiple projects?

This is the workflow I'd like to adopt to batch out Motion projects...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]