APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Mitchell
Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks
on Jul 8, 2009 at 1:43:48 am

Noah "So why not just stick with AE? If you do good work with a tool, no one is going to force you to try another. Anyone who knows both AE and Motion will tell you neither is the other and you can easily make your way using a combination of the two or just one depending on what is is you're doing."

Noah - I never said they were the same program. I'm forced to use Motion as this job was started in another studio and the templates must match.

Even if I wasn't I don't dislike what Motion does and I can appreciate it has a place within my workflow. I'm looking for constructive suggestions on how to improve my workflow. I had 30 odd templated graphics to do that began life in the wrong format (16x9 HD) and wrong frame rate. My question was why can't I change these things easily in Motion and how do others address shortcomings like the need to render out multiple individual timelines. Some people have said investigate groups and I'll definitely do that, I don't need to be spoon fed all the way.

However I don't think suggesting that I abandon a program because I know AE is very constructive. I'm sure my first trips into AE were similarly daunting.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]