APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Mitchell
Re: New but hey - this software needs some tweaks
on Jul 7, 2009 at 1:21:39 am

Not sure about groups - that really does come down to not knowing the software well enough. Still I can't understand the lack of support for multiple timelines - just seems basic to me. I was trying to do something simple which was the same project with a different text element in each one (35 of them). Because it was based on an 30fps HD template and my final output was 4x3 cropped PAL I ended up saving the project each time with the different text element, renaming them as .movs and bringing them into AE to render.
I'm interested in what approach others might have taken to the above job remembering the final target is Avid and not FCP.

The only crash I got yesterday was accessing the help file (which incidentally is so basic as to be almost useless. For example I tried to search for frame rate and fps and got nothing!) and I got another one when I opened one of my templates - I think I might have a couple of projects open at the same time and not realised it. Anyway the screen went white in the viewer area and the program crashed.

Previously when modifying a template I got lots of crashes - couldn't tell you now what I was specifically doing at the time, sorry.

BTW I never imagined Motion as a replacement for AE, same as I never see BorisRED as a replacement for AE, just programs to help. But IMO Motion lacks some basic functionality like changing frame rates on projects, and supporting multiple timelines. Motion has some nice templates too - not too cheesy :)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]