BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

A difficult client.

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Guarri
A difficult client.
on Nov 4, 2018 at 9:38:15 pm
Last Edited By Paul Guarri on Nov 4, 2018 at 11:02:14 pm

Hi,
I was asked to work as a finishing editor on some projects. I will work at the client's place. I must be available for about two or three days per project but they don't have a schedule. They told me in those three days they can call me at any time to work for the whole day, or call me for an hour in the morning, then I leave the office but they can call me back again at any time without prior notice to come back on the same day. I usually charge by the day but they seem to expect I will only charge the hours I will spend at their office. What about if in those three days they end up to call me for 1-hours a day? I can't really have some free time or do anything else since they could call me at any time. I think I have to charge a full day since I'm available for the whole day.
They also told me that this job can have very long render times and I can leave the office if I want, monitor the render and come back to work when the rendering is finished. I suspect they also expect me not to charge for render hours both if I'm at their office or not. Should I immediately drop this client?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]