BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: More Livestreaming Questions...

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chuck Johnson
Re: More Livestreaming Questions...
on Sep 11, 2018 at 1:42:57 pm

Hi Bob,

Well, that is certainly one option! 😉

I was going to see what his goals are in terms of target audience size, consider his CDN options and how many days he is going to stream. I could make some CDN suggestions at that point.

There's a lot of moving parts in the world of live streaming - equipment is so good and easy to use now that my only advantages are that I have been doing this for a long-time, know how to fix problems and know how to talk to IT departments/internet service departments.

My favorite troubleshooting story:
Was doing a live stream for a member of a past presidential administration at a local college here. The day before we tested everything and it was all good to go. Left everything on overnight for the morning show at 9am.

Did another test at 8:30am that day - everything fine. Show starts at 9am. Killed stream after test. Now this particular CDN gives 1GB of bandwidth for testing and I called and talked to my rep to make sure the testing button was turned off. He said it was so I was to get my full amount of bandwidth. Well, at 8:45started my stream again and about 5-minutes into it, it failed. Chatted with the tech on duty, he said the demo button was not on. Said he say my incoming stream. Still nothing. Chatted again and asked to be transferred to another tech. Tech checked, demo button still active - turn it off! Everything back up 5-min before stream. White house called, State department called, client going nuts - just gotta be calm and cool and think your way through!

Regards,

Chuck
817-429-0818

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]