BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: More Livestreaming Questions...

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
Re: More Livestreaming Questions...
on Sep 7, 2018 at 3:29:05 pm

Thanks guys...

Chuck... we'll give you a call next week.

Bob... I have no idea what you mean (I'm betting Bob has heard that before, though).

Mike... good things to think about. Livestream says though (and we talked with one of their reps for a very long time) that they can be public OR very private, with tons of privacy and security options, so I think they are used to that. Really the ONLY problem with them is the cost... they are very expensive. Well, the service would actually be fairly reasonably-priced if we were doing live events every day, or every week, or even every month... but this is only once or twice a year. And since they have nothing except an annual plan (which seems asinine to me, but hey it's their business), that doesn't make one-off events very cost effective. Fortunately this event is always at the corporate headquarters, so hopefully dedicated bandwidth won't be an issue... we can put the onus on our client for that...no dealing with the IT guy at the Radison to make sure there's adequate service in the Magnolia Ballroom.

I DO really like the Livestream switcher, though, because it is so all-in-one and pick-it-up-and-go. It's one black box, with a handle, that is everything... switcher, encoder, five SDI inputs, five HDMI inputs, audio XLR inputs, and screen. It's only about the size of a very (well, very very) large laptop, if you stood it up on edge. All we had to do is plug our cameras into the side (well, and a keyboard and mouse). We did add one external screen just to solo monitor the program signal, but didn't have to. Internally it will record the program stream, the clean program stream sans graphics, and any or all of the cameras as iso streams. We just recorded the program, but could have recorded them all. It's pretty sweet. Not dirt cheap, but not wildly expensive either (the box is about $10K), but we rented it for only about 800 bucks for a whole week.

Appreciate the input.....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]