BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: How much should I charge(not hourly) for this video intro template adaptation I did?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: How much should I charge(not hourly) for this video intro template adaptation I did?
on Jul 16, 2018 at 4:40:56 pm

Todd is right as usual. And if you had to do extra re-renders because of new client input or changes, you should charge.

It's a separate discussion, one we've had multiple times, on if you want to charge a lower rate for rendering unattended, compared to your time spent actively creating and supervising something. My personal sense of it is, if the render job takes the equipment out of production for anything else, then it's not out of line to charge one standard hourly rate. If it's an overnight unattended render that doesn't interfere with other work, you could choose to discount that render.

If you feel guilty learning on the client's time while trying something new, you could pro-rate or discount a few hours off the total and not say anything about it. But the work we all do ultimately is all based on our giving our time to the project. The hours are the expression of the effort to make the product. If the product is gorgeous or "just okay", the hours are still the hours.

Calculate your hourly and day rates and try to stick to them as much as you can, regardless to extraneous factors.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]