BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

A pretty cool thing in Las Vegas

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
A pretty cool thing in Las Vegas
on Jun 20, 2018 at 4:54:52 pm

This isn't a B&M post, but I thought folks in here would find it interesting.

We had a big corporate shoot at a convention in Las Vegas last week (that nightmare is outlined in another post).

There were thousands of people that took over the entire Sands Convention Center at the Palazzo/Venetian, but the thing I found super amazing was the big screen presentations that took place in one of the huge ballrooms.

There were people speaking in there, giving keynote addresses, and backed by a gigantic rear-projected video screen. This screen displayed lots of different things, including pre-produced videos that we had created for this client.

The amazing thing to me though is that this ultra-wide-format presentation was TWO HUNDRED feet wide (I measured it), and was created with a combination of TEN 4K Christie projectors... all perfectly aligned... of course I had to snoop around and check it out...

Aside from the technical complexity of taking one video feed and splitting it up among all those projectors... it is absoulutely dumfounding to me that they could get 10 projectors all correctly set up, with absolute pixel-perfect registration. You could not even begin to detect the "cracks" or seams where one projection ended and the next one began. It was exactly like one big smooth continuous screen.

Maybe this is commonplace over with the "Live Events" people, but I found it pretty dumbfounding. And cool.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]