BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Upgrading our suites, seriously need some advice...

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: Upgrading our suites, seriously need some advice...
on Jun 16, 2018 at 3:03:01 pm

Todd,

Reading your post makes me want to throw out the suggestion that due to the length of time in which you use and amortize your gear, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss looking hard at the 4K/HDR gear as that is coming far faster than many may wish to admit. It may not be here today but it is definitely on its way and HDR is going to soon be the measure on whether something is truly broadcast worthy or not. It's a ways off, for sure, but in the case of a system like yours that is an investment that will be around for quite a while, if it were me, I'd sure think long and hard before I'd let go of HDR and 4K capability. You may not use it right away but I'd sure like the feeling that it's there when I need it.

A friend here in the COW had a production a couple years ago in which he was trying to get some mileage out of a successful show he had done a while back and I wrote him privately and told him to get it upconverted and uprezzed into 4K as quickly as he could and offer it to Netflix and a few of the 4K rental services on smart TVs because they were needing content. He did it and sure as eggs is eggs, he got new life out of the old show.

Many will argue that it's going to be a long and fitful transition and they would be right but for the extra cost, I am not sure I'd want to close my door to seizing opportunities that might otherwise arrive.

Just a thought...

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]