BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Upgrading our suites, seriously need some advice...

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
Re: Upgrading our suites, seriously need some advice...
on May 25, 2018 at 3:38:05 am

Just an update...

After just the briefest research... thanks to the recommendations in here from you guys it looks like one of the BlackMagic cards will work nicely. They seem to be able to do all we need, and more.

Another upside, is price. The Matrox MX02 cards we have in these computers were not cheap. If I recall they were in the $4,000-$5,000 neighborhood... times three computers. The BlackMagic cards are a tiny fraction of that. Bonus!

Of course the BM cards only do a fraction of what the Matrox cards can do, too...but they will do all I need them to do. And that's the important part.

When buying anything new in the electronic realm, that always gives me an opportunity to get on my "Worthless?? But it's practically new!" soapbox like the cranky old man I'm quickly becoming. It just chaps me a bit that I have what were pretty darn expensive computers that now probably are barely worth carting to the curb after only four years. Ah, electronics. Conversely, when I stopped shooting film a few years ago and got rid of my film cameras, I sold every one of them for more than I originally paid for them.

Hey at least my lenses are still appreciating.

Thanks again to all for the wisdom....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]