BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Vertical Video: Just say No!

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Shirey
Re: Vertical Video: Just say No!
on Dec 2, 2016 at 9:19:54 pm

[Tim Wilson] "This is from a vertical film festival being held in a cathedral. A horizontal screen would have been positively sinful. 😎"

Yeah, the thing you want to see doesn't fit in the frame and half the image is just empty sky. Sure looks like the kind of vertical videos my clients send me ☺

I will say this about phone video, I prefer the sites that use square or 4:3, because even when holding my phone vertically I'd prefer the video not fill up the entire screen. The idea being if I'm scrolling through twitter I'd like to see other stuff while the video is playing. If it's an actual good video I want to pay attention to like on YouTube, I turn my phone and fill the screen horizontally. If it's an ad or some 5 second cat gif, I'm not going to bother maximizing the window so it should just fit in the interface of whatever app I'm already using.

I guess when it comes to making commercial videos I have to accept that I'm not making art people actually want to see, just an annoyance that a corporation is paying to make viewers have to sit through for a few seconds.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]