BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Townley
Re: Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection
on May 21, 2016 at 3:34:40 am

Ned - it sounds like you've already passed on this project, but I wanted to add my quick thoughts to the thread for future sake, just in case it helps for the next time around or for anyone else.

The folks that mentioned the Teradek Bond were on the right path. This is my go-to solution for completely independent live webcasting. I use the Bond II a lot with 6 LTE modems with great success. As much as I like to own core equipment and technology, I prefer to rent this piece of hardware from a company in your backyard, Atomic Imaging, who was originally referred to me by Teradek when I first sought out a solution to this problem.

I typically give them the address for where I need to stream from, and they use their knowledge and research to help me pick which "blend" of LTE modems from which carriers for that region will work best.

I have used the Bond completely stand alone with only LTE modems and also with LTE modems supplemented by a house-supplied Ethernet or WiFi connection for additional strength or redundancy. This is definitely the way to go in this scenario and it works great. It's also surprisingly cost effective.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]