BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Al Bergstein
Re: Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection
on May 18, 2016 at 2:44:45 pm

Where is your field location? Many hotels can provide you internet connectivity. And yes, 5Mb is what you should ask for as a minimum. I recently did a huge event in Bellevue WA and the hotel there was able to provide an open Ethernet connection for a fee. I would avoid using a wireless connection unless it is tested in advance. And if you find yourself in a location with nothing but wireless, you a lot more work to make sure that it will work before even signing up. Last year, I was paid to travel to CA to check out whether a remote location could be brought online, and in the end the client decided it was not worth the cost. But both the client and I were satisfied that I gave them a trusted source to get a report from as the local vendor was trying to convince them it would work just fine. In the end we determined that while the general area might have supported higher bandwidth, the specific location could not. Send your techie to check it out carefully in advance and don't just believe the local vendors' claims. Geography matters (G).

Al

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]