BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ned Miller
Bidding on a webcast shoot where client insists I provide new internet connection
on May 18, 2016 at 12:24:02 am
Last Edited By Ned Miller on May 18, 2016 at 12:25:18 am

Hi guys,

Don't know what to do here. I was asked to bid on a three day webcast where my Midwest live videotaping would interact with a west coast, live performing, trade show persona, 9X a day times three days. Although this is at the max of my brain power I felt I could handle the video part and an associate who specializes in webcasting can do the geeky part, but then...

The client now requests: "want your estimate to include setting up a separate, dedicated lineā€¦ which is completely separate than our corporate internet connection."

We understand that they are afraid their connection may falter but this is an expense we can't figure out how to bid, any ideas? We learned the name of their present internet provider, should we just ask the cost of laying a new hard wired line of a higher bandwidth? My associate suggests just adding "a dedicated 4g LTE modem". This is all geek to me.

Thanks,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]