BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Video distribution profit yield

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron Hershey
Re: Video distribution profit yield
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:27:25 pm

The fact that "On Amazon you're in a pool of millions of titles" is actually part of the problem with selling on Amazon. I've had customers tell me they are selling on Amazon, but their product isn't popular enough to get premium position. And with the costs Amazon has for selling on their site, they can't make money if they can't get positioning and sell more.

As a result, my customers with specialized products have found that utilizing non-traditional channels and marketing with their own web shop (optimized for SEO, of course) outperforms what they were able to achieve on Amazon.

But, I agree with you that it is imperative to market aggressively. Utilizing Creative Cow or other outlets is a good start, but for niche products, you need to market in every place where the members of that niche market tend to be. Getting mentions in key blogs is an excellent source for generating sales. Another great way to build business is using "co-branded" or complementary marketing - basically teaming with compatible company(s)/product(s) that are not competitors and all participants promote their products along with everyone's products.

Changes to the landscape of business over the last 5-6 years, along with social marketing and disruptive technologies, have completely changed the way products are promoted and sold. Almost nothing is off limits as something to try!

Ron Hershey
Endeavor Digital, Inc.
Digital Content Management Solutions
717-685-4030
ronh@endeavordigital.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]