BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: How to present video to your clients

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron Hershey
Re: How to present video to your clients
on Feb 18, 2014 at 2:26:33 pm

Our company provides content distribution services, including CD/DVD/BD duplication/replication and an electronic delivery service called e-Delivery. A couple of our video production house customers started using e-Delivery for "proofing" needs for some of the following reasons:

- e-Delivery protects the files against unauthorized use and distribution (a couple of our customers wanted to be sure their clients couldn't go and get their own duplication done and to prevent "in process" files floating around)

- e-Delivery supports not only video, but also audio, Flash, HTML, PDF, Ebook, etc., so they could use it for the other projects they did for customers like radio commercials, web videos/presentations, web ads, etc.

- e-Delivery uses a viewer/player, so the content they distributed to a customer is all contained in one place

- Depending on the level of e-Delivery selected, they could control when the content was available (i.e., specific dates), how many times it can be downloaded, how many devices it may be downloaded to, even allowing the customer to burn their own copy-protected DVD on a PC

- The content gets downloaded to the customer's device and plays from there (streaming while downloading for the first play), so they avoid some of the issues with pure streaming services (buffering, pixilation, stuttering, lack of availability if internet connection not available, etc.)

- The Basic level of service is free, just pay for the download

So this may not make sense for everyone, but for some of my customers it has and some of them use it while still using other forms of distributing proofing files. So take it for what it is worth and if it sounds like it makes sense for you, I'd be happy to discuss further.

Ron Hershey
Endeavor Digital, Inc.
Digital Content Management Solutions
717-685-4030
ronh@endeavordigital.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]