BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Left Hanging

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
Re: Left Hanging
on Oct 16, 2013 at 4:28:42 am

I guess I've just learned to live with the "hurry up and wait" way of operating.

Seems that when we are waiting on the clients, they take their own sweet time, and then some. But when they are waiting on us, it is invariably an emergency.

We pitched a concept for a television commercial, at their request, to a client last November, something they wanted to do "pretty soon." Then, not a peep... and we couldn't get an answer out of them.

This August, nine months later, they call on something like a Friday and want to know if we can pull trigger on the shoot early the following week. Never mind that this was a pretty complex production that would require tons of pre-prod, casting, and even special creature costumes that had to be built from scratch.

They got it... but not in the three days they were expecting after the phone call.

This is one example out of countless ones... and I really don't expect it to stop.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]