BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Playing the numbers game

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Playing the numbers game
on May 15, 2013 at 6:53:33 pm

In the case of the client who is reasonable, this makes sense. I only pull out the house analogy, when it has become painfully clear that they want the 2.5 million dollar house for 80 thousand. Our job, as Craig has suggested, is to help the client arrive at a point which is compatible with their vision (God help us - so many times there is none, and the client is not visually oriented) and their budget.

I will also, if the client is a complete neophyte, and at the very first step of the project, give them parameters of budgets, sometimes citing specific projects which are on my website. "We could do this for between 2500 and 5500, and it would include this, this, this, and this. But also bear in mind that the first figure you throw out to the client is almost always the one that throw back at you when the project scope escalates: "You said you could do it for 2500 dollars - we want the editors cut of Apocalypse Now for 2500 dollars!".

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]