BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Rhythm and Hues

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Rhythm and Hues
on Mar 2, 2013 at 3:35:42 pm

I live in Mumbai.

I was once offered the job of leading a team of roto-artists to do 2D to 3D conversions - for a couple of major Hollywood movies. The salary offered? About $600 a month.

Somebody mentioned editing. Want to know what the going rate is for an editing room with editor in Mumbai? Less than $10/hr.

The US or Europe cannot win the 'salary' war against any Asian country, that's pretty obvious. But there might be a 'workaround'.

I was born and raised in Dubai, and have worked there for many years. The salaries in Dubai weren't that high 20 years ago, but there were still quite a lot of Westerners who were willing to move because they couldn't find jobs in their own countries.

When I first landed in Mumbai in 2002, there were hardly any 'Foreigners' here. Today, they are everywhere. They have bought homes, and raise their children here. I have a friend who runs a VFX facility, a classy one. He has many artists from Western countries.

Think about this: If I were to apply for a job visa in the US or Europe, I wouldn't be welcome. But a foreigner can easily get a job visa anywhere in Asia easily. So why not take advantage of it? A few thousand dollars can go a long way in this part of the world.

The point of globalization is to fight the 'battle' globally. Artists must be willing to travel and display their expertise outside their comfort zones.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]